If you are an experienced player, you probably know what to look for. If you are not, you can follow these points and find a reliable casino operator, where you will enjoy playing.
Casino licenses are issued either by a state that wishes to regulate and tax the online play of its residents (Great Britain, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Romania, etc.) or by jurisdictions that want to allow casinos to do business internationally (Malta, Curaçao, Gibraltar, etc.).
Most used gambling authorities:
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- UK Gambling Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Curaçao eGaming
- Danish Gambling Authority
- Portuguese Gambling License
- Swedish Gambling Authority
If the casino refuses to pay your legitimate win, you have the option to contact the regulator who issued the casino’s license. In the case of dispute, the authority should stand independently on the side of fair gambling. It should fairly evaluate and investigate any official complaint. In the event of a serious rule violation, it may revoke the casino license.
How to know if the casino is regulated? It is actually quite easy. Always check the footer (the bottom of the page). There you should find an icon and/or written information about the licencing authority.
Online Casino Must Have Good Reputation
There are many reported cases where online casinos have directly deceived players. It is a good idea to find a casino rating on a website with casino reviews. If you are already playing, focus on the operator’s behaviour. We have listed the most common fraudulent practices:
- The casino refuses to pay out the winnings duly won by the player.
- The casino marks the win as a software error and rejects the player’s claim to this win. Subsequently, the casino will try to force the player to accept compensation of 10-20% of the original winnings.
- The casino will introduce disproportionately low withdrawal limits, which will prevent the withdrawal of a significant win.
- The casino unreasonably delays withdrawals (for weeks, but also months). The casino repeatedly requires verifications of the player’s identity.
- The casino offers unlicensed games with a much lower payout ratio. These games are often faithful copies of popular games created by honest game developers.
- The casino often uses a bonus abuse clause. The casino will mark any player who converts bonuses into real money as bonus abusers and will cancel all bonus money.
Variety of Casino Games
If you like one particular game, you will most likely look for online casinos that offer that game. If you do not have a favourite game, you should find the casino with a massive selection.
Player preferences are different—some like table games – including blackjack, baccarat or roulette. If you like this type of game, you will certainly be pleased if the casino offers a choice of several possible variants and types. In this regard, the live casino, where you will find the most table games, is also important.
Most used game providers for live casino
- Ezugi Games
- Evolution Gaming
- Asia Gaming
Slots games are chapter itself. The medium-sized online casino offers around a thousand slot machines. Probably more important than the games themselves are the manufacturers of these games.
The most well-known software for slots:
- NetEnt, Microgaming, Amaya, Yggdrasil, Betsoft, Big Time Gaming, Novomatic, Play N Go, Playtech, NextGen, Thunderkick, IGT, Amatic, Habanero, Quickfire, Pragmatic Games, Push Gaming, Big Time Gaming
Online Casino Bonuses
All online casinos try to attract visitors with promotions in the form of bonuses. Proper use of bonuses can significantly help an average player reduce the cost of playing. Some players even focus exclusively on bonus hunting to make long-term profits.
If you play in casinos, it is good to know all the offered and its requirements, even if you don’t intend to abuse them. While some bonuses are always worth accepting, others have bad conditions, and it may not be a good idea to claim it.
An example is a cash deposit bonus with very high wagering requirements. This bonus will unnecessarily limit your betting, and you will not be able to make a withdraw until you meet the requirements. Always check the Bonus T&C and General T&C.
Most Common Bonuses in Online Casinos
- No deposit bonus
- Free spins on online slots
- Reload cash deposit bonuses
- Comp point in the VIP program
Deposits and Withdrawals
This point is for many players actually more important than casino bonuses. When choosing an online casino, it is useful to consider deposit and withdrawal options. Credit card fees are not negligible, but also reflect how long you will wait to withdraw – it can take up to seven days for the money to be transferred to your bank account.
Many players conveniently use online wallets such as Skrill or Neteller, or even prepaid cards such as Paysafecard. It is a common practise, that not all deposit and withdrawal options are available in every country or jurisdiction. To be sure, you can make a free account where you can all available payment options, or you can contact customer service.
Most common payment options
- Bank transfer, credit cards, Neteller, Skrill, PaysafeCard, ecoPayz, Qiwi Wallet, Bitcoin, Trustly, Neosurf
When visiting an online casino, you often need to clarify any ambiguities about bonuses, business conditions etc.
The following applies to customer support: the faster, the better. Customer support will ideally be equipped with a non-stop live chat with a helpful and friendly person on the other side. The exact opposite is the e-mail address, where you can send your questions and complaints and then wait three days for an answer, or a phone number, which no one ever answers.
These are the things, which you should always consider before you make an account and start to deposit money into an online casino. For beginners, it may seem a lot, but for more experienced players, this analysis is quite a routine.